SH101 asked more than 2,000 students what they learned the hard way. Check out their recurring themes and highlights — so you can have it easier.
- Experiment with courses in subjects you’ve never tried before.
- Get to know your professors, TAs, librarians, and RAs.
- It’s OK to go to places by yourself.
- Introduce yourself immediately to those sitting by you in class.
- Get into a routine of working out.
- Office hours are some of the best time investments one can make.
- Sleep is so worth it.
- It’s OK to mess up sometimes.
- Utilize all the resources, even ones you think you don’t need.
- You can get help on campus for virtually everything.
- Don’t freak out too much. We all feel the same way.
- If it doesn’t feel right, say something.
- Don’t compromise yourself to make someone else happy.
- Schedule everything in your calendar.
- Say a kind word to the people around you.
- Spend less time on your cell phone and Netflix.
- Get involved! It will change your entire university experience.
- Eating out is the biggest contributing factor to money loss.
- Work becomes exponentially harder the longer you wait to tackle it.
- Read CampusWell.
Simpson ResourcesGET HELP OR FIND OUT MORE
Student Health 101 surveys, April 2015 and April 2016.